Note Size Limit?

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

ldtod

Note Size Limit?

Post by ldtod »

is there a limit to the amount of information that can be copied and pasted into a note? I ask this because when I tried to paste a talk into a note linked to a particular scripture it would show up initially with issue, but in the end wouldn't sync or show as visible once I shutdown the application and restarted it. By the way I did give the application plenty of time to accomplish the task.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Note Size Limit?

Post by sbradshaw »

The limit is 20,000 characters, including any special characters used behind the scenes to indicate rich text (if you use bold/italics/etc.), and also including whitespace characters like new lines. I don't know how or whether Gospel Library for Windows enforces the limit (the different platforms enforce the limit in different ways – not letting the user type more, or truncating the text when saving, or saving locally but not syncing correctly). But the sync service that backs up and syncs your notes between devices won't sync more than 20,000 characters in a single note.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RichinsM

Post by RichinsM »

Not sure what the current limit is, but with the latest update it will barely let you put a note of over 200 characters or so before saying it is too big??? How can we put quotes etc in there if it won’t allow us to do so? Latest update changed everything here.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

In February (2020) the limit changed from 20,000 to 500,000 characters, so if you're only able to type 200 characters, something else is going on.

Are you copy/pasting content from another source, or typing it in? If you're copy/pasting it, does it display the formatting (bold, italics, fonts, colors, etc.) from the source, or did it paste as plain text?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”