Crash report - editing highlights & underlining

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

hthalljr

Crash report - editing highlights & underlining

Post by hthalljr »

Dell XPS12 laptop, 8 GB installed RAM, 64 bit, Windows 10 home, ver 1709, SSD, 23 GB free of 232 total.
Gospel Library 4.1.14.0, Catalog 631
I was changing yellow and red highlighting in 2 Nephi 2 to underlining, by selecting the section I wanted to underline, underlining it (in red), then deleting the selected red and yellow highlights. There were also notes on the page, and I had edited one of them. But the crash came while modifying highlights.

When I tried to reload Gospel Library, it hung after login and trying to download the catalog.
When I logged into Gospel Library on another laptop, it loaded OK, but none of the changes on that page had been saved. Perhaps I tried to make too many changes on a single page?
I had to uninstall GL, then reinstall it.

Also, the links in Gospel Library itself to the "email address" for reporting bugs only opened Chrome without opening GMail, and I could not figure out the email address by examining the link.

Tracy Hall Jr
hthalljr@gmail.com
hthalljr

Re: Crash report - editing highlights & underlining

Post by hthalljr »

After re-installing Gospel Library I was able to complete my edits on that page without further difficulty.
hthalljr

Post by hthalljr »

Since re-installing GL I have had two more crashes, where the application simply quit, involved with the same activity -- changing yellow highlighting to red underlining. But these crashes were not "fatal" in the sense that I couldn't restart the application, and the edits I had made were saved.

I had failed previously to note that I was preparing a lesson in Gospel Principles and was following scripture links within the lesson, then editing already-existing highlighting in the linked scripture to fit the needs of my lesson before returning to Gospel Principles. Perhaps while you are following a link, then undertaking edits within the linked document, there is the possibility of some kind of stack overflow.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Also, the links in Gospel Library itself to the "email address" for reporting bugs only opened Chrome without opening GMail, and I could not figure out the email address by examining the link.
As Gospel Library for Windows opens the app you've assigned as the default email client on your machine, for whatever reason, Google Chrome is that app. Changing it to something like Outlook Mail should help.

I had failed previously to note that I was preparing a lesson in Gospel Principles and was following scripture links within the lesson, then editing already-existing highlighting in the linked scripture to fit the needs of my lesson before returning to Gospel Principles. Perhaps while you are following a link, then undertaking edits within the linked document, there is the possibility of some kind of stack overflow.
Out of curiosity, do you experience this same issue with the current version of Gospel Library Beta (version 4.1.16.0)?
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”