Magazines

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

edwardalbertdraper

Magazines

Post by edwardalbertdraper »

I cannot get any new magazines since July 2017. I've tried uninstalling Gospel Library and re-installing it, and there is still no option to download the latest magazines.
Biggles

Re: Magazines

Post by Biggles »

Assuming this is an Android device, someone in my ward today showed me the exact same thing. I suspect that this is, at the moment, is probably an app/content delivery problem. I believe there is a Feedback/Help option in the app. Use that to notify the developers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What version of the app? What version of Android? I just opened my phone, and saw August. I did a refresh and saw September.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
edwardalbertdraper

My tablet is a Surface which is Microsoft.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just installed 4.0.1 on my Windows 10 tablet. I was able to download September.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
edwardalbertdraper

I've tried installing Gospel Library from the store. Where do you find version 4.0?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

I've tried installing Gospel Library from the store. Where do you find version 4.0?
The Windows Store. So long as you're running Windows 10, version 4.0.7.0 should download directly. The beta version, 4.0.9.0, is also available. Versions prior to v4 are only available on unsupported versions of Windows, like Windows 8.1.

Non-Beta, Version 4.0.7.0
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... zdncrfj2k4

Beta Version, 4.0.9.0
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... zdncrdfdcd
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ToManyLetters wrote:Versions prior to v4 are only available on unsupported versions of Windows, like Windows 8.1.
Would I be wrong if I were to guess that the prior version hit on a depreciated content source? If so, that would explain a lot.

ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Would I be wrong if I were to guess that the prior version hit on a depreciated content source?
Not wrong, no. Version 2.x of Gospel Library for Windows shares its content with version 3.x for Android. As both are legacy versions of the app, the content team updates their content considerably less often than the current version and won't be updating it at all for very much longer.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Refresh my memory. Was GL 3.x for Windows skipped?

I guess the real question is if users of Windows 8 facing content store "end-of-life" problems?

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”