Gospel Library Windows 10 crashes on opening

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

kosifou

Gospel Library Windows 10 crashes on opening

Post by kosifou »

For some time now, Gospel Library on my Windows 10 laptop fails to open. To resolve it, I have to uninstall then install it and then of course download all my content again. I'm then OK for a few days and then the problem reoccurs. This has been happening for some time now and I thought that it might be as a result of continuous Windows updates but I'm not sure. I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 and Gospel library. Any ideas how to solve this problem?
carsonm

Re: Gospel Library Windows 10 crashes on opening

Post by carsonm »

Hi Kosifou,

We have had a few reports about this happening but no one the development team has been able to reproduce it so far. A few questions for you.

Are you using the Gospel Library or the Gospel Library beta app? Are you using Windows 10 home or pro? You can find this information in: Settings> System and then choose About.
In that same area, can you let us know what the version and OS build you have

We are trying to find a trend of when this is happening for multiple users to help us to be able to troubleshoot this issue better.

If others are also having this issue, can you please post your answers here in this thread so we review it as a group, instead of multiple threads on the same issue.

Thanks,
eluker2

Post by eluker2 »

I also have this problem. I am using windows 10 home Version 1511 and the Gospel Library App.
imlcs2

Post by imlcs2 »

I don't know if I'm having the same issue - when I try and open the Gospel Library App, it seems to get stuck on Loading Annotations and never opens.

I'm using Windows 10 Home - Version 1607 - Build 14393.187

It also doesn't seem to want to connect to my LDS Account while it's stuck on Loading Annotations - not sure if the two are related.
imlcs2

Post by imlcs2 »

imlcs2 wrote:I don't know if I'm having the same issue - when I try and open the Gospel Library App, it seems to get stuck on Loading Annotations and never opens.

I'm using Windows 10 Home - Version 1607 - Build 14393.187

It also doesn't seem to want to connect to my LDS Account while it's stuck on Loading Annotations - not sure if the two are related.
Of course it starts working immediately after I posted this... :D
khrasmus

Post by khrasmus »

I have an ASUS E200HA and when I try to load the app for the first time it displays an error Exception of type 'System.Exeption' was thrown

I hit close and then it spins on loading annotations but never opens.
aplucinik

Post by aplucinik »

I'm having the same problem where trying to launch Gospel Library for Windows 10 PCs gets stuck at "Loading Annotations". It just sits there and spins forever. There seems to be a trend in this thread where the error occurs on ASUS Windows 10 PCs. I have this same problem on both my ASUS Laptop and ASUS Desktop. Both Win 10. However no problems loading and running the app on my Microsoft Surface 3 with Win 10.
Allan Plucinik
Stake Clerk
Colorado Springs, CO
tuatara

Post by tuatara »

Me too! I tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it. uninstalling it again and downloading beta. But there is no change!

My problem is it opens and displays golden angel moroni and a black background, but there is no spinning wheel.

Windows 10 Home

I have a Dell venue pro
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

tuatara wrote:Me too! I tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it. uninstalling it again and downloading beta. But there is no change!

My problem is it opens and displays golden angel moroni and a black background, but there is no spinning wheel.

Windows 10 Home

I have a Dell venue pro
Please don't resurrect dead threads. Reading active threads before posting or at least posting to them is more helpful, as they are much more up-to-date. Despite saying that this is "Gospel Library for Windows 10" in this thread title, this entire thread is actually talking about the old version of Gospel Library for Windows 8.1 (version 2), that happened to also run on Windows 10.

Your issue is being discussed in the current thread for Gospel Library for Windows 10, and a solution can be found in the posts below:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 26#p172226

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 61#p172461
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
Bennettrl

Post by Bennettrl »

Just bought a Lenovo idea pad Miix 700 and downloaded Gospel Library. I did not open past the angel Moroni. Uninstalled the library. Did Windows 1709 updated and re-installed Gospel Library. The re-install began about 80MB into the download rather than at the beginning where I expected it should start. No change. Cannot get past the black screen with Angel Moroni. Need this app to use when off line. Help!!

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”