Latest version for Windows 8

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile
john.pearson.47

Latest version for Windows 8

Postby john.pearson.47 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm

My hard drive crashed. I downloaded Gospel Library for Windows on my Windows 8 tablet. I noticed Oct General Conference is not available. Then I opened Magazines and the latest Ensign is July 2017. So I checked the version and it says ver 2.16.11.190. According to the history it seems to have been created Nov 2016. Is there not a more current version available?

Thank you in advance.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Latest version for Windows 8

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 pm

I think you have to be on Windows 10 to get the most recent version of GL for Windows. Something to do with making it a universal app, I think.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

ToManyLetters

Re: Latest version for Windows 8

Postby ToManyLetters » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 am

russellhltn wrote:I think you have to be on Windows 10 to get the most recent version of GL for Windows. Something to do with making it a universal app, I think.

That's correct. The version of the app we support is Gospel Library for Windows, version 4+, which requires Windows 10. We also support Gospel Library Beta for Windows 10 Mobile, version 4+, however, given Microsoft's announcement concerning Windows phones this last week, we'll be discussing its fate this next week.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”