Highlights made while not on wifi will not sync

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

mlz01

Highlights made while not on wifi will not sync

Post by mlz01 »

I studied my scriptures yesterday on the windows app not connected to wifi. I made several highlights. Today, I studied again connected to wifi. None of my highlights that I added yesterday not on wifi synced to my account. The ones from today on wifi did. The strange thing is that I can see all the highlights on my windows app that I made from both days, but only the highlights made today on wifi show up online and on my android app.

I am not sure what to do. I guess I am going to have to delete all the highlights from yesterday off my windows app and rehighlight them today and hope that they all sync.

Do I have to be connected to wifi to get highlights and notes to sync? Does it not just save it and then sync them once you are connected like android and ios do? I looked through the help and it said it would sync them but it isn't working.

Thanks
mlz01

Re: Highlights made while not on wifi will not sync

Post by mlz01 »

And...is there a way to force sync the app? Since I am having trouble getting things to actually sync, I'd like to sync the app before I close it. Then I can double check to make sure they actually synced so I don't lose everything I just added before I close the app. Thanks!
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

The app should indeed be syncing highlights and other annotations once you get a connection to the Internet again after having been offline. However, based on your previous post, it seems like your LDS Account may have become partially disconnected in our latest update to the app (we had to make some changes to how things work). Try signing out and back into your LDS Account and see if that helps.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
mlz01

Post by mlz01 »

Well, I have logged out and logged back in on the app and any links made wile not on wifi still will not sync. They show up on the windows app but not online or on the android app. If I log out of the windows app and log back in they disappear there too because they do not sync even after connecting to wifi. Any ideas?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

We just made a fairly substantial change to how annotations sync in the app. Try resetting the application, then logging back in. At least in theory, the syncing issues should be resolved now.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”