Sacrament Tray Filler

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
pwbcktftii

Re: Sacrament Tray Filler

Post by pwbcktftii »

Can anyone tell what was used for Sacrament service for the water before the current plastic or paper cups. I'm wondering if the church ever used a wooden tray with glass cups. & if so what was the mating bread tray?
thewebbs

Post by thewebbs »

This is what the one my ward in California had back in the '80s looked like:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US3811604
Attachments
Untitled.png
(65.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kurtjensen

Post by kurtjensen »

Our ward had one when I was in Ym. I’ve been looking to get some for our ward now but can’t find them. I remember what it looked like so I may just build one
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

kurtjensen wrote:Our ward had one when I was in Ym. I’ve been looking to get some for our ward now but can’t find them. I remember what it looked like so I may just build one
Depending on your climate and such, please be careful of mold growth in the tubing and around the orifices. Mold can make at least some people pretty sick.
g005411

Post by g005411 »

This device was developed by my state patriarch when I was a very young boy. He actually had it patented until 2011 when it expired. It is a device that hooks directly to the faucet and then has a lever on top you place the tray inside the device and you fill up one side at a time flipping around and you fill up the other. It actually is a very ingenious device and from my experience using it as a youth, it did save a significant amount of time for us. That being said the man who invented this device which has been used in many Western areas of the United states, was in our Ward and hook the unit up himself. It stayed permanently connected to the faucet so we didn't have any issues but we were able to detach it as we cleaned it on a routine basis. Hopefully this helps, I know this is an old thread but maybe someone will look for it and gain a little bit of insight.

Return to “General Discussions”