Merlock Keys

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
tydowns

Merlock Keys

Post by tydowns »

With Murlock, the company the church uses for the electronic keys, going out of business does this mean the church will finally migrate to a true electronic key system? What does the church do in other parts of the world?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: Since this is a separate question, I move the post to a new thread.

I have yet to encounter any electronic keys in my stake.

I would guess that the powers that be will evaluate if the advantage of an electronic key system outweighs the cost of replacement and act accordingly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

In our stake, the FM group replaced all the Marlok keys over a year ago with RFID key fobs that we use for external doors. From what I understand, it was getting difficult to obtain new Marlok keys, so they decided to switch over to a new system.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
danpass

Post by danpass »

Our FM group switched all the buildings in our area from Marlock to this proximity card system several months ago.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Our FM group just went back to (almost) normal key locks. My key says "Schlage" on it. I love it because I don't have to go around the building to the one door that has a lock on it any more.
tydowns

Post by tydowns »

I would think the church would make a decision churchwide to utilize the same technology for all the churches. Sounds like that isn't the case.
hpaulsen

Post by hpaulsen »

Interesting. My building (former stake center) has an electronic keypad locking system for the two primary doors, with keyed entry for two other outer doors. I've been hoping to have it upgraded for years (it's logging system is a dot-matrix printer - not fun to browse through, and a real pain when we had our second break-in and discovered that the printer had jammed a week or more before).

Return to “General Discussions”