Problem with sending to mylds.net

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mktippets

Problem with sending to mylds.net

Post by mktippets »

I am trying to email a missionary from my ward. His parents are able to email fine, but when I send a message, I receive a bounced message that says "Relay Message not Allowed"

I am just sending from my standard gmail account.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Mike
rstegeby

Post by rstegeby »

What does the error message "550 Mail Relay not allowed" mean?

Question Background:
This message is displayed when you press the "SEND" button in your mail client (e.g. Outlook, Eudora, etc.).

Answer:
This error code is generated by the mail server to indicate that your message can-not be sent via this server. Administrators of mail servers will prevent unauthorised use of their systems so that their services are not hijacked and abused by others.

Specifically, the SMTP 550 error code is defined by RFC821 and states "550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (e.g., mailbox not found, no access, or command rejected for policy reasons)".

To resolve this problem you have the following options:

Contact the owner of the mail server and ask them to allow you to relay email through it. GMS can:
AUTHenticate users (using the methods: LOGON, MD5, CRAM-MD5 and PLAIN)
support POP before SMTP
and IMAP before SMTP.
Use another mail server (with the owner's permission).

/ http://www.gordano.com/kb.htm?q=475
Are you using your own domain-email? Try sending with Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo and see if it gives the same problem.. (which I think it wouldn't..)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mktippets wrote:I am just sending from my standard gmail account.

What are you using as a mail client? Outlook? Thunderbird? Or are you using your web browser?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

The domain aren't "mylds.net", but "myldsmail.net". The missionary e-mail format can be like SmithJ@MyLDSMail.net. I believe is because it you can't have sucess in your try to send this e-mail...
brandonperezgodoy

Re: Problem with sending to mylds.net

Post by brandonperezgodoy »

Soy misionero que ya voy a emntrar al campo misional.. resulta que no ingresar a mi correo de mylds pues manda a otra pagina... necesito tener urgente la solucion.. para poder saber cual es mi itinerario de vuelo...
atte elder perez
craigmadsen

Re: Problem with sending to mylds.net

Post by craigmadsen »

I too am having a problem sending to an Elder using mylds.net. Who do I get ahold of or how do we go about resolving this issue?

Thanks,

Craig

Return to “General Discussions”