Handbook 1

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
barnold-p40

Handbook 1

Post by barnold-p40 »

I need to get two Handbook 1 for our Spanish Branch in English. They did receive two in Spanish, but they have requested and have a great need to have two in English. Who or how do I get these Handbook 1's?
Thanks,
Bruce Arnold
Driggs Idaho Stake Clerk
shawnl

Post by shawnl »

I went through the same thing with the Samoan ward in our stake. I called Distribution and they traded me the Samoan handbooks for English handbooks. Give them a call, they were very helpful.
joel

Post by joel »

You can also view them online if you're in a Bishopric or Stake Presidency (including clerks and secretaries).

Go to this site.

You can search from the home page.
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

Joel Dehlin wrote:You can also view them online if you're in a Bishopric or Stake Presidency (including clerks and secretaries).

Go to this site.

You can search from the home page.
That is: Stake President and Counselors, Stake Clerk and Executive Secretary, Bishop and Counselors, Ward Clerk and Executive Secretary, Branch President, Branch Clerk and Executive Secretary but NOT Branch Presidency Counselors.

I don't know why branch presidency counselors are not included, since they have all the same duties as bishop's counselors. They are also not issued hard copies.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

I am exec sec and was told that CHI1 is not given to exec sec. (Used to be that way in the past.) But I have access to CHI1 online.

Is that correct?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

tortdog wrote:I am exec sec and was told that CHI1 is not given to exec sec. (Used to be that way in the past.) But I have access to CHI1 online.

Is that correct?
There is one office copy of handbook 1 that the clerk and exec sec share. So they both have access to the online version as well.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tortdog wrote:I am exec sec and was told that CHI1 is not given to exec sec. (Used to be that way in the past.) But I have access to CHI1 online.

Is that correct?
That is correct.

Because the executive secretary and the clerk share access to one copy of Handbook 1, you do have access to the Handbook. Therefore, you also have been given online access.
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

I am an Assistant Ward Clerk and used to have online access to Handbook 1. I no longer do and I'm curious as to why? I find it frustrating and ironic that my duties are listed in a Handbook I can't access online. :P
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to verify your calling in the CDOL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

Stake Website Administrator, Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership

I only have access to Handbook 2 though I used to have access to Handbook 1.

Return to “General Discussions”