How do I add a custom organization?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
oh8clerk-p40

How do I add a custom organization?

Post by oh8clerk-p40 »

We have an organization unique to our ward and I'd like to create its own category. I see an "Add Organization" button under "Organizations" and "Other Callings". However, I am unable to click on it. I have all clerk administrative rights, so what am I missing?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

oh8clerk wrote:We have an organization unique to our ward and I'd like to create its own category. I see an "Add Organization" button under "Organizations" and "Other Callings". However, I am unable to click on it. I have all clerk administrative rights, so what am I missing?
There is a limit to how many organizations you can create. Basically, if you maximize your screen, your list cannot exceed the page height. It's about 8-9. If you have that many already, you may have to add your organization to Miscellaneous (Other callings? Sorry-doing this from memory as I don't have MLS available). That, or remove one of your other organizations and replace it with this one.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

crislapi is correct. The maximum number of custom organizations is eight (8). When that number is reached the "Add Organization" button on the Organizations > Other Callings screen is deactivated or greyed out. There is no other way of adding more custom organizations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”