New Church Handbook of Instructions 2010?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

ryan jones wrote:The training is now there too
November 2010 Worldwide Leadership Training

and the handbook 2
Handbook 2: Administering the Church
Fantastic to have Handbook 2 available. Will Handbook 1 be available online to those authorized to have it?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nimebe wrote:Fantastic to have Handbook 2 available. Will Handbook 1 be available online to those authorized to have it?
Yes. Handbook 1 is already available online to authorized individuals -- I know my stake presidency can access it on new.lds.org when they are logged in. I'm not sure what the exact list of those with access is; I would hope that it includes the same people who were given hard copies of Handbook 1.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Alan_Brown wrote:Yes. Handbook 1 is already available online to authorized individuals -- I know my stake presidency can access it on new.lds.org when they are logged in. I'm not sure what the exact list of those with access is; I would hope that it includes the same people who were given hard copies of Handbook 1.
I'm assuming that ward clerks don't have access right now because I can't find it anywhere. Of course, I'm not sure where it's supposed to show up. I've looked in the Tools menu and everywhere in the Leader and Clerk resources section.

If that's the case it's unfortunate because it makes it harder for me to research policy questions for the bishopric.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

eblood66 wrote:I'm assuming that ward clerks don't have access right now because I can't find it anywhere. Of course, I'm not sure where it's supposed to show up. I've looked in the Tools menu and everywhere in the Leader and Clerk resources section.

If that's the case it's unfortunate because it makes it harder for me to research policy questions for the bishopric.
While logged in, you might try going to a section in Handbook 2 that references Handbook 1 (e.g., 4.6.4) and see if you can follow the link into Handbook 1. If you aren't logged in or have no access, you will just go to the first page of Handbook 2. If you do have the right permissions, I assume you would go to the appropriate section in Handbook 1.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Alan_Brown wrote:While logged in, you might try going to a section in Handbook 2 that references Handbook 1 (e.g., 4.6.4) and see if you can follow the link into Handbook 1. If you aren't logged in or have no access, you will just go to the first page of Handbook 2. If you do have the right permissions, I assume you would go to the appropriate section in Handbook 1.
Good idea. I tried that and it just puts me back to the first page of Handbook 2. I was logged in and my calling is setup correctly (I can access the Leader and Clerk resources section and it shows a title of Ward Clerk's Experience) so it looks like ward clerks don't have access.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

Sryland wrote:No downloadable PDF - understandable but unfortunate.
I would settle for a mobile friendly version of what is already there.

rwoodmansee

Post by rwoodmansee »

Stake clerks don't have access either. I did notice that the distribution only includes 4 copies for Book 1. The Stake President and councilors. The 4th copy is the 'file copy', and although says clerk, I would assume that it is a shared copy between the clerk and executive secretary (at least our executive secretary did have a copy of the old book 1).
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

I'm a Bishop - and if I paste:

https://new.lds.org/handbook/handbook-1 ... s?lang=eng

into the address bar - while signed in, it brings Book 1 up.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Based on this thread, I would now guess that stake presidents and their counselors have access to Handbook 1, along with bishops and their counselors.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:Based on this thread, I would now guess that stake presidents and their counselors have access to Handbook 1, along with bishops and their counselors.
And ward clerks do not :(

Return to “General Discussions”