Church leader contact address?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
CycleSLC-p40

Church leader contact address?

Post by CycleSLC-p40 »

Does anyone know how to contact church authorities? I would very much like to write them a letter, but I cannot find an address ANYWHERE on their website that will actually get a letter to one of them. Perhaps they don't want their members contacting them?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Generally, most issues should be taken up with one's local priesthood leaders who can move the issue up the though their leaders.

But if you wish to write a letter, you can use the information given for "Contact Us" on the LDS.org website:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
50 East North Temple
Salt Lake City , UT 84150
United States
(801) 240-1000
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
grandmanet7

Re: Elder Nash contact address?

Post by grandmanet7 »

Elder Nash asked me to let him know when our daughter in law got baptized. She was not a member but was investigating the church. She has since been baptized and she, with our son, recently went to the temple and were sealed to each other and to their children. How do I send him a letter or email him?
Annette Hiatt
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Elder Nash contact address?

Post by lajackson »

grandmanet7 wrote:How do I send him a letter or email him?
You can write to the address in the post two before yours and the letter will be forwarded. Or you can ask your ward clerk to get you his address where he is serving as a counselor in the Africa West Area Presidency. Your clerk might also give you his Church email address.

Or, if you think you can convince me you are the Annette Hiatt I know, send me a PM or email.
boiseman37

Problem with Bishop and Stake President

Post by boiseman37 »

I know i can't write to the Church itself. When i feel it is the Bishop or more exact the Stake President who i am having a problem with. Isn't there anyone else I can talk or write to? I have been trying to get my wife who is now joined our Heavenly father unsealed from her previous husband. We have been working on this for 4 years. It was sent again to the Church in June of 2017. That was 4 months ago, with the replies from her children's thoughts on it. We are now starting our 5th month. I was told we would have a response within 2 months. I want an answer about what is going on. I have prayed and prayed on this usually i get an answer some way or there. Nothing yet. I tried to looking for the local 70 for Northeast Ohio. Thought he could check for me. Couldn't find out anything on here. Sealing is very important for me. I want to spend eternity with my Pam.

I pray that someone can help me.
Ralph P. Hildebrand
massillonman37@gmail.com
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Problem with Bishop and Stake President

Post by lajackson »

boiseman37 wrote:I was told we would have a response within 2 months. I want an answer about what is going on.
Once the stake president sends an Application to the First Presidency, there is nothing further he can do except to verify that the request was received at Church headquarters. After that, the process is entirely up to the First Presidency and the procedures they have set in place to handle the request.

The person who told you there would be a response within two months was being optimistic, based on my experience. If that person was your bishop or stake president, it would be perfectly acceptable for you to mention to him that it has been longer than the time he estimated, and to ask him if there is anything further that you need to do.

The most difficult thing I ever asked members in this situation to do was to pray for patience. Most of these matters are handled by the Prophet himself and, as you know, he is not well. You may have to wait a little longer.

If it is any consolation, there was a time when members waited more than two years to receive answers to these requests. I do not believe you will have to wait that long. And although it seems as if it is taking an eternity when the request is yours, I am confident you will receive an answer in time. I am sorry for your loss.
1947les

Re: Church leader contact address?

Post by 1947les »

Could you please have Elder Richard DEvries Contact [personal information deleted--this is a public forum].

Thank you,
L Rowe
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Church leader contact address?

Post by lajackson »

1947les wrote:Could you please have Elder Richard DEvries Contact [me].
This is a user to user forum and your request will not get to this Area Seventy. Your bishop and stake president will have contact information and may be able to assist you.

Return to “General Discussions”