Grandfathers Baptism

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
everitta

Grandfathers Baptism

Post by everitta »

Hi there, I'm trying to locate who performed the baptism of my Great grandfather. There is no one in my family who knows and when I search for it in Family Search it only shows the date of the ordinance but not who or where it was preformed. I have tried contacting Family Search and they tell me they do not have access to that information. There has to be someway to look this info up right? How would the church know the ordnance was performed correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Grandfathers Baptism

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible it's in the historical records. I'm not sure what the procedure is for accessing them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
everitta

Post by everitta »

Okay, thanks for the response. At least I know there is possibly a record of it out there, and where to look for it. I will have to do some digging and see how to look at his historical record.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

My wife is working on a genealogy degree and told me the church membership records for deceased members are available at the church history center (across from the family history library in Salt Lake City). They are not online, but I believe you can physically go there and view them.
everitta

Post by everitta »

That is great to hear! I will try going up to Salt Lake this week and see if they have his membership record. Thank you so much for your help!

Return to “General Discussions”