Presiding at ward baptism meeting

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
colbyj

Presiding at ward baptism meeting

Post by colbyj »

Hi, I am a Bishop... we have a child of record baptism scheduled on a Saturday when myself and both my counselors will be out of town that day. We are not able to change the date due to the family's arrangements (that would easiest solution). Who can/should preside in this instance when no member of the Bishopric is available? Would it be OK/appropriate for me to ask my Elder's Quorum President to preside, since he holds Priesthood keys? Can a High Councilor preside, if asked/assigned by the stake presidency? Can a counselor in the stake presidency preside?

Just trying to determine what our options are for presiding. Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Presiding at ward baptism meeting

Post by russellhltn »

I'd review 20.3.4.1 - last paragraph.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

thank you, yes, tracking for who I may ask to conduct the meeting... but not clear on who might preside in the event when no member of the Bishopric is able to preside. We got the conducting the meeting part covered... but seeking clarification on who else might preside when member of the Bishopric is not available. One of us needs to be on-hand during the execution of an ordinance... it's looking like none of us will.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I missed the heading "For Converts", so I thought the last paragraph applied.

I'd look down to 20.3.4.2, for some ideas. I'd think you could implement "Services That Involve More Than One Ward" for a single ward without going too far astray.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

thank you, appreciate the added insight/guidance. Always very timely and prompt. These forums are a blessing. thanks

Return to “General Discussions”