Setting aside the ward bulletin

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
wrigjef

Setting aside the ward bulletin

Post by wrigjef »

My sister's ward just did away with their ward bulletin. I asked if they do it electronically but they said they just made announcements from the pulpit and stopped doing a bulletin at all. This seemed weird to me considering that we have been asked to reduce announcements and many wards have added midweek announcement emails.

I was wondering if anyone else had experience setting their Sunday bulletin aside. How does that work?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Setting aside the ward bulletin

Post by lajackson »

wrigjef wrote:How does that work?
It doesn't really work, although there is no requirement at all to have a ward bulletin. Our ward still prints a bulletin, but now makes most announcements in Priesthood, Relief Society, and Sunday School.

My son lives in a ward where they print about 10 bulletins and post a QR code on the wall to scan on the way into the meeting. They have it figured out well, since only one or two printed bulletins are left after the meeting.

Return to “General Discussions”