subtitles for church video downloads

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
r_vinoya

subtitles for church video downloads

Post by r_vinoya »

Is this being pusued by LDS tech developers? I think they can if they want... Many are requesting, especially for church rebroadcast of conferences. Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: subtitles for church video downloads

Post by russellhltn »

From what I understand, the issue is lack of a clear leader in the standards. With downloads, the subtitles are in a different file and not part of the video like it is with analog TV.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: subtitles for church video downloads

Post by davesudweeks »

r_vinoya wrote:... Many are requesting...
If this statement refers to posts to this unofficial user-to-use help forum, I respectfully submit many are NOT requesting. There are 3 official ways to request changes/features:
1. Feedback from any of the church web pages
2. Feedback from any within any official church app
3. Discussion by your stake president in his coordinating council

The decision makers do not visit this forum and the programmers do not receive their priorities/instructions via posts to this forum.

Return to “General Discussions”