Sunday School teaching and new curriculum - open or close the week?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
sattler360

Sunday School teaching and new curriculum - open or close the week?

Post by sattler360 »

My understanding is that Sunday School teachers have the latitude to decide if they’ll be discussing the previous week’s material orbthe following week’s material in the new Cone Follow Me curriculum. As a Ward we wanted to standardize, so I’m trying to get some guidance. What are people doing in their Wards? Does SS introduce the next week’s material or sum up the previous week?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Sunday School teaching and new curriculum - open or close the week?

Post by lajackson »

sattler360 wrote:Does SS introduce the next week’s material or sum up the previous week?
Members study the material in a particular week in order to prepare for the discussion of that material on Sunday, For example, members should have just finished studying January 14-20. They should also have studied January 7-13 during the previous week) in Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families.

The Sunday School teacher should be preparing the same material, January 14-20, and because of the new schedule, possibly January 7-13. The Sunday School teacher has the option of using material from either week, as advised by his or her Sunday School president.

This is all outlined at the beginning of each Come, Follow Me guide, for Individuals and Families, and for Sunday School.

Return to “General Discussions”