Temple Session Language Translations

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
vrilius

Temple Session Language Translations

Post by vrilius »

I was wondering who we need to speak to about getting my language available on tape for temple sessions? How does that process work? Do I need a petition?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Temple Session Language Translations

Post by rmrichesjr »

I wouldn't suggest a formal petition process, but if you have counts of how many active Church members speak that language as their first language, that might be helpful. I would think talking with your bishop of stake president would be a good first step. They can run the suggestion up the ecclesiastical chain. Another idea would be to call your local temple and ask about whether your language can be made available. I don't know whether the temples keep request lists, but it's likely worth asking.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I would speak with a member of the temple presidency or the temple recorder. They are in the best position to let the Temple Department know that there is a need for a particular language. They may also know if a particular translation is already in progress.
romestrella

Post by romestrella »

May i ask how many languages are already translated in temple ordinance?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

According to Elder Bednar during the April 2020 general conference, the endowment is currently presented in 88 languages. I don't know about other ordinances.
Elder David A. Bednar wrote:The endowment ceremony currently is presented in 88 languages, and will become available in many additional languages as temples are built to bless more of God's children. In the next 15 years, the number of languages in which temple ordinances will be available likely will double.
Source: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/gen ... 4?lang=eng (about 10:03 in the video).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”