Announcement of a Melchizedek Priesthood Ordinance

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lowryleslie

Announcement of a Melchizedek Priesthood Ordinance

Post by lowryleslie »

Is it necessary for those who have received the Melchizedek Priesthood to have it announced in their Stake Conference? Is it okay if one was missed? Why do they announce them?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Announcement of a Melchizedek Priesthood Ordinance

Post by scgallafent »

Yes, it is necessary. Handbook 1 gives specific instructions, which essentially say:
  • A person receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood is sustained either in a stake conference general session or stake general priesthood meeting, or
  • If a person needs to be ordained before they can be sustained in an appropriate stake meeting, they are sustained in sacrament meeting and then the ordination is ratified in the next stake conference or stake general priesthood meeting
lowryleslie

Post by lowryleslie »

What if they were never presented at Stake Conference and it has been almost 10 years? Is the ordination null and void?
lowryleslie

Post by lowryleslie »

How can I get a copy of this bit of information. I can't seem to find Handbook 1 only Handbook 2.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lowryleslie wrote:How can I get a copy of this bit of information. I can't seem to find Handbook 1 only Handbook 2.
Handbook 1 is limited to Bishoprics and Stake Presidencies including clerks and secretaries.

Local leaders hold the keys to interpreting the Handbook. I'd suggest sharing your concerns with them. If they have questions, they can direct their questions to their presiding authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”