Fourth Sunday Discussions

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Fourth Sunday Discussions

Post by lajackson »

I need a sanity check. Has the new fourth Sunday topic for discussion in priesthood and Relief Society meetings shown up anywhere except Gospel Library, where it is hidden and only accidentally noticed?

Using the established assignment, our presidency is planning to discuss ministering one more time, and anticipates that a new topic will appear in the November Ensign, the conference edition, as it has in the past, to be discussed in November and December.

Has there been any other notice that the October fourth Sunday topic has changed, other than the accidental GL update, which my presidency still has not found?

And if you do not know of what I speak, I rest my case.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Fourth Sunday Discussions

Post by sbradshaw »

The topic from April through September was "ministering to others":
https://www.lds.org/languages/eng/conte ... y-meetings

The topic for October through December is "personal and family scripture study":
https://www.lds.org/languages/eng/conte ... ember-2018

In January, Relief Society and priesthood quorum meetings will focus on messages from the most recent general conference (I couldn't find anything more specific than that so far).

Most materials (including the pages above) are linked to from ComeFollowMe.LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:The topic from April through September . . .
In this corner of the vineyard, it was May through October. Since the information came to us in the May Ensign, it was a little difficult to implement in April.

I guess some old traditions, this one lasting less than a year, are hard to break. [smile]

Edit: Do you happen to know off hand when that 2018 October page went up at LDS.org? Perhaps we should be watching there instead of at GL.

And based on what we have read so far, in January we plan to handle the 2nd and 4th Sundays the way we have been doing the 2nd and 3rd Sundays this year, conference talk selection by the quorum presidency with occasional input from the bishopric or stake presidency.

And finally, we are changing to the new topic next Sunday.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know what the update schedule is for ComeFollowMe.LDS.org, but the pages under LDS.org/languages (LDS.org/study) pull their content from the same source as the Gospel Library mobile app. So the app and the website will be updated at the same time.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Thanks for your input. With all that is happening right now, we are just trying to stay in the loop. We are living in wonderful times.

Return to “General Discussions”