Electronic General Conference Tickets

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
dwhawkin

Electronic General Conference Tickets

Post by dwhawkin »

July 2, 2018 letter indicates General Conference tickets will occur electronically.

"Leaders are to distribute" to members.

As of 7 Sept. 2018 we (Provo Freedom Stake) have not see any "electronic" tickets and are to return unused tickets by 21 Sept.

How and when will these be distributed?

David Hawkinson
Stake Executive Secretary
jimdivis

Re: Electronic General Conference Tickets

Post by jimdivis »

I have the same question. The Stake President is asking what we are supposed to do.

James Divis
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It looks like the change was made last conference for members receiving tickets outside of the United States. These articles have some information that may be helpful:
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... ndees.html
https://lds365.com/2017/11/22/lds-gener ... -visitors/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dwhawkin

Post by dwhawkin »

According to the June 28th letter from the Presiding Bishopric:
"October 2018 General Conference Tickets- ew Process of Distributing Tickets to Stakes
and Districts in the United States and Canada
From now on, ticket distribution for all sessions of general conference will occur
electronically. Instructions on how to print or forward your ticket allotment will be provided via
email."
To me it states "in the United States and Canada"
dchill

Post by dchill »

The Stake President cannot find an email regarding the electronic General Conference tickets for our stake.

Who would we contact for those instructions to be resent to our Stake President?

Bro Hill
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Sorry not to be much help, but:

Someone in the Office of the Presiding Bishopric is responsible for general conference tickets.
Someone in the Conference Center ticket office might know the answer.

You many wish to contact other executive secretaries of stakes in the coordinating council to see if they got an email and might be able to share those instructions.

Your stake president might ask other stake presidents in or the chairman of his coordinating council for assistance.

Do you still have the process used at the last general conference when electronic tickets were first implemented? There may be some clues there. The process probably is still the same.

Or maybe the spam folder? (Just grasping at straws for you.)
jtakagi

Post by jtakagi »

I'm wondering how many stakes in the US and Canada have had this issue.

Have your stake president search their email for a message with this title: General Conference Ticket Allotment Information, sent by Temple Square Events (ticket-office@ldschurch.org) My stake president received the email on August 10. The email contains a powerpoint presentation on how to access these tickets.

Your stake president has to call into the ticket office in Salt Lake and retrieve a login and password. We finally got the login and password but can still not figure out how to log in.

After logging in, the stake president either needs to physically print out tickets to hand out, or can add members to their "friend list" with their email addresses and share them electronically.

It is curious that the idea came up to dump this procedure on brethren with extremely heavy demands on their schedule. I imagine that most stake presidents, once they are able to log in, will delegate this task to someone in the presidency. But getting to that point involves a time investment that is not trivial for men that are already very busy.
dchill

Post by dchill »

My stake president did get the login and password. Not sure if he called into Salt Lake or found the email. And, as you astutely predicted, delegated the task of logging in and printing the tickets.
krymarie

Post by krymarie »

My bishop used the electronic system to email me tickets to women conference for my mom and daughter but they never sent. I verified twice that he had the correct email and checked my teach, junk, and spam but never received the email. Who can I call to get that resolved? My daughter is very excited.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

krymarie wrote:My bishop used the electronic system to email me tickets to women conference for my mom and daughter but they never sent. I verified twice that he had the correct email and checked my teach, junk, and spam but never received the email. Who can I call to get that resolved? My daughter is very excited.
What's the email service you use? There are known problems with Church emails going to @byu.net email addresses, if it happens to be that.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”