RS/EQ presidents change addresses & phone #’s

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
AldousDe

RS/EQ presidents change addresses & phone #’s

Post by AldousDe »

As a relief society president it would be so helpful to have the access to change addresses and phone #’s as we receive the information in our ward boundaries. I understand that the ward clerk would update any other information, or transfer records etc etc etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: RS/EQ presidents change addresses & phone #’s

Post by russellhltn »

That would require a policy change - well outside of the purview of anyone who visits this forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AldousDe

Post by AldousDe »

Thanks for letting me know that this form is not the place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If I'm not mistaken, other than the member, only the bishop, ward clerk and membership clerk(s) can make those kinds of changes. I don't think even the bishopric counselors or executive secretary can.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:If I'm not mistaken, other than the member, only the bishop, ward clerk and membership clerk(s) can make those kinds of changes. I don't think even the bishopric counselors or executive secretary can.
Bishopric and the executive secretary can change phone numbers and email addresses. Only the bishop or a clerk (other than financial clerk) can change the address. The member themselves can't change their address either.

A change to allow RS/EQ presidencies to update contact information doesn't seem impossible but I have no idea if it will happen. However, since an address change could also involve moving records, I doubt that will be allowed for anyone but bishop and clerks.

In any case, the best place to make the suggestion is by using the Feedback link at the bottom or LCR or another page on lds.org.

Return to “General Discussions”