Missionary information

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
simonawright

Missionary information

Post by simonawright »

Hi, I have been asked to find some information for a 50th building anniversary by one of our high councillors. I am not convinced I can fulfill his request but thought I would ask the forum because you lot would know if anyone does.

The stake leaders would like a list of all those members who served a mission from the stake and those missionaries from elsewhere who served in the stake during their mission. This is for the last 50 years.

Do you have any suggestions as to how this information can be obtained?

Would the mission office hold this sort of info?

Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary information

Post by russellhltn »

simonawright wrote:The stake leaders would like a list of all those members who served a mission from the stake and those missionaries from elsewhere who served in the stake during their mission. This is for the last 50 years.
That's a pretty tall order. The latter one is going to be even harder. I'm not sure as the church ever recorded what stakes a missionary served in - just what mission. The stake would be dependent on how the mission president decided to assign the missionaries. And I'm not sure as that would have been permanently recorded anywhere but the missionary's memory.

For both requests, I'd suggest contacting the church missonary department.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could try posting on mission Facebook groups to see what information you could gather about missionaries who served in your stake.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

simonawright wrote:Hi, I have been asked to find some information for a 50th building anniversary by one of our high councillors. I am not convinced I can fulfill his request but thought I would ask the forum because you lot would know if anyone does.

The stake leaders would like a list of all those members who served a mission from the stake and those missionaries from elsewhere who served in the stake during their mission. This is for the last 50 years.
I doubt you would be able to get that information from Church headquarters. It would require quite a bit of research to determine who lived in the stake during the past fifty years and then correlate that with missionary records to identify who served a mission while living in the stake. Building a reasonable list of missionaries who served IN the stake is likely to be borderline impossible.

Return to “General Discussions”