Tesla Supercharger in Nauvoo

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jklingler

Tesla Supercharger in Nauvoo

Post by jklingler »

With electric vehicles becoming more prevelant, I think a good development to draw both members and non-members alike to Nauvoo would be to reach out to Tesla to install a supercharger there. It takes 30-60 minutes to charge and while they are waiting they can check out the historical sites. Here’s the closest chargers based on the map (or see attached): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c08fU ... onM_dNvVmG
Attachments
9A2768E3-2172-4C4C-9BF5-8A464DF68481.png
(383.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jklingler

Re: Tesla Supercharger in Nauvoo

Post by jklingler »

Tesla will also provide the hardware and installation for free for their slower destination charging. They will help pay for chargers that support more than just their own vehicles. https://www.tesla.com/destination-charging
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You don't "pass by" Nauvoo. It's far enough out of the way that you have to make a deliberate side trip to see it.

Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea if a EV station was available for people who wanted to stop by. Something that would also accommodate the Chevy Bolt and Nissan Leaf. I'm not sure what the best way is to get the suggestion to the folks that manage those sites.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jklingler

Post by jklingler »

Thanks russelhltn! I've been to Nauvoo and yes, it is out of the way. I found the Nauvoo Mission website and submitted this same request there.

Return to “General Discussions”