First Sunday Priesthood/Relief Society Meetings

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
brandypayson

First Sunday Priesthood/Relief Society Meetings

Post by brandypayson »

I have a question about First Sunday Council Meetings as listed under Elders Quorum and Relief Society. The first paragraph is the same and reads as follows:
"In these first-Sunday council meetings, each elders quorum and Relief Society counsels together about local responsibilities, opportunities, and challenges; learns from each other’s insights and experiences; and plans ways to act on impressions received from the Spirit." Does this mean that the Elders and Relief Society meet together to counsel, or does it mean that leaders counsel with the members of their group? If they meet together, then does the 5th Sunday change? It can be taken either way.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: First Sunday Priesthood/Relief Society Meetings

Post by sbradshaw »

See the second half of this thread:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=10
(the first half is from before the curriculum change had been announced)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: First Sunday Priesthood/Relief Society Meetings

Post by lajackson »

brandypayson wrote:First Sunday Council Meetings
From everything I have read and seen, I believe it is intended that the elders counsel together and that the Relief Society sisters counsel together, each in their own meetings on the first Sunday.

The instructions are also quite clear that the fifth Sunday meeting has not changed. The bishopric continues to have responsibility to that Sunday as they have in the past.

Return to “General Discussions”