Serving up JSON for ward directories

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
zadela

Serving up JSON for ward directories

Post by zadela »

Is there any place I can make requests to that serves up (with the proper credentials passed) a ward directory in the form of JSON? I'm trying to make a program that makes it easier for ward clerks at BYU-Idaho to sync up the school directory with the ward directory. Having an endpoint that serves up JSON would make that task pretty easy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Serving up JSON for ward directories

Post by russellhltn »

I've not heard of one. The trend has been to remove exports. Sometimes we don't know why, other times we're told it's to protect privacy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Serving up JSON for ward directories

Post by scgallafent »

zadela wrote:Is there any place I can make requests to that serves up (with the proper credentials passed) a ward directory in the form of JSON? I'm trying to make a program that makes it easier for ward clerks at BYU-Idaho to sync up the school directory with the ward directory. Having an endpoint that serves up JSON would make that task pretty easy.
No, there is nothing that supports what you are asking for.

There were some customized features in MLS for BYU wards. I don't think those have been ported to LCR. If you have some ideas for something that would simplify the record management process for those wards, feel free to send suggestions to LCR feedback.

Return to “General Discussions”