Tax Statements (for donations)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Jillhemingwaylarsen

Tax Statements (for donations)

Post by Jillhemingwaylarsen »

My tax stTement shows no donations? It should be linked with my husbands. How do we fix this?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Tax Statements (for donations)

Post by rmrichesjr »

(Split this post off from the original thread, because the original thread was about employee W2s, not donations.)

For tax statements for donations, your ward clerk would be the best resource. If you're looking at the online donations system, please keep in mind that each individual can only see his or her own donations. As far as I'm aware, the online system does not support marking donations as joint between husband and wife.
davesudweeks

Re: Tax Statements (for donations)

Post by davesudweeks »

You and your husband can each check a box to show the spouse on the donation report (for online donations). Then, both your names will be on the donation reports, but donations are still tied to a single membership number.

If you made donations physically (i.e. handed a donation envelope to a member of the bishopric) there could have been an error recording the donation under the correct spouse and you should speak with your ward clerk to get it corrected. If you wrote both spouse names on the donation slip (like "John and Mary Smith"), the clerk probably entered them all under your husband's membership number. He cannot enter the same donation under 2 different spouses - he must choose one. Ideally, a member of the bishopric would reach out to you in that scenario to ask how you want the donation entered, but sometimes they miss doing that.

Return to “General Discussions”