living ordinance recommend

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
brofisher

living ordinance recommend

Post by brofisher »

I have been given a recommend for living ordinance by the stake president who finished the interview and asked that i activate the temple recommend. I activate the recommend in LCR but when i hit save i get the message that this member does not have an endowment date recorded on their membership record. if they have not received their endowments the bishop should issue a recommend from book 2 instead of a recommend from book 1.
This is her first time through and so i am assuming that the living ordinance recommends need to be recorded in LSR in a different place.

This is my first time with one of these and have been searching for info but haven't found direction.

Any help would be helpfull
drepouille

Re: living ordinance recommend

Post by drepouille »

The recommend for living ordinances is quite larger than the renewal recommend. The yellow copy that the stake president gave to you should be fairly large, and should indicate which living ordinances are to be performed. If he only gave you a small yellow copy of a renewal recommend, then that is your problem. It sounds like the bishop used the wrong recommend book, and the stake president did not catch the error.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
brofisher

Post by brofisher »

Yes
Thank you. That deffinately looks like the case
ktarnasky

Post by ktarnasky »

I lost my living ordinance card and my wedding is in 2 days. Does the temple have an electronic version of this that I can use or will I need to try to get a new one from my bishop and stake president?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ktarnasky wrote:I lost my living ordinance card and my wedding is in 2 days. Does the temple have an electronic version of this that I can use or will I need to try to get a new one from my bishop and stake president?
You will need to speak with your bishop and stake president again.
justinhess11

Post by justinhess11 »

Anyone know how long the living ordinance is good for?? What’s the expiration on them? I know a normal recommend is 2 years but I would imagine the LO would be much sooner. Thanks in advance
lilscorpie

Post by lilscorpie »

As long as you do the living ordinance within the 2 years you are fine.

Return to “General Discussions”