Any records of my membership from the 60's

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
AlexAngel13

Any records of my membership from the 60's

Post by AlexAngel13 »

Hello dear fellow Mormons;
I appreciate if anyone could please answer some of this:
I was baptised in the Ocean, at the Beach in Carrasco, Montevideo Uruguay, some 60 years ago.
At the time we had no Computers :)
The Elders that held my head on the Ocean Waves, told me I was the firt one being baptised in the Ocean...
Do the Church have any records of this ?
Now that I did retired in Uruguay, (back from the USA), I remember those years with enjoyable reminiscences and warm feelings...
I was wandering, if the Church would still have the names of my two Elders, (missionaries).
Thank you very much and be well;
Alex Garcia
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Any records of my membership from the 60's

Post by russellhltn »

I'm sure the church would have recorded who did the actual baptism and confirmation, but sometime back in the 80's they decided that information was no longer needed. I'm not sure if it's still retrievable somehow.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”