How tech savvy members can lead the world to lds.org in mass

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
aaronandrewtjomsland

How tech savvy members can lead the world to lds.org in mass

Post by aaronandrewtjomsland »

So here's an idea to build the kingdom:

Most everyone these days search popular forums for every sincere question imaginable- even questions about faith, God, religion, scripture, etc...

1. What if members thought up real questions people are asking and type the question on quora or Reddit where people are reading in the tens of thousands and...

2. another member found a good page on lds.org and used the link in their thoughtful answer to the question asked.

3. The popularity of the post is promoted based on " up-votes" - so next step would be to share the post somewhere like this tech site and can get hundreds of up votes from our community ....

4. Rinse and repeat with every good church question. The member answering the question always includes a link to an lds.org page thoroughly addressing question.

This is called social traffic siphoning because each new link brings the masses to an lds.org page which provides awesome spiritual value in answering the question.

Here's the WHY:
I love that Moroni used high level strategy in preparing against the Lamonites. Satan's forces are already marshaled and have waged war online and tv to destroy the family and degrade the soul. In the scriptures it says that the world is "searching" for the truth but "know not where to find it"... when it comes to technology, we often put a high focus on getting help from the youthful generation for genealogy but our capacity to spread the light of the gospel is by far our greatest strength if we can unite to do so.

My dream is that each stake could have a church marketing center much like our current genealogy centers where members promote the church from their personal accounts worldwide in an organized effort.

Currently our personal social sharing is a bit like giving something to people not asking for it.
What a dream it would be to show up where the masses are seeking it out.

Another way is to have exceptional seo research and implementation of lds.org to show up first on Google for all most searched for church terms. Maybe on those pages the call to action could be an invite to hear the full message of Jesus Christ from missionaries who "can answer all your questions"... I vote for both :)
Aaron Tjomsland
local9marketing.com
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: How tech savvy members can lead the world to lds.org in mass

Post by sbradshaw »

I think a coordinated effort to visit popular Q&A sites in droves would make a lot of people angry. Answering questions that random people ask is one thing (it could be a great way to share the gospel, in fact!), but adding our own questions, just so we can put in our own responses, seems like spam, which is likely to drive people away (it's also most likely against most Q&A sites' terms of use). Sharing the gospel will never make everyone happy, but there are many natural ways to share the gospel online and elsewhere.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Most everyone these days search popular forums for every sincere question imaginable- even questions about faith, God, religion, scripture, etc...
I don't think that "Most everyone search for sincere question" in Internet. Anyway I agree with you if, and only if, we don't trust to much that this will "cause the Spirit" to testify them just because we try!
So it will be a "mark" of time, a new way to spread out the information of the Restored Gospel, but the Church of the Lamb will be always a minority.
KyleMcNeil

Post by KyleMcNeil »

Hey Aaron,

I think you are definitely on to something worth considering.

You made a lot of solid points that need not be overlooked.

I've been reading in the war chapters of Alma recently, and I think it's important we strongly consider upping our game and strategy on the internet even more. The church is doing so much to create incredible content. I'm certain it's engaging people when they get there.

However, let's help them find it even easier!

Kyle

Return to “General Discussions”