Small branch vs large ward

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
richardhotchkiss

Small branch vs large ward

Post by richardhotchkiss »

We belong to a small branch of about 40-50 members every Sunday. My teenagers are the only active members. We live within 30 minutes of several wards in three different stakes with lots of youth, including our own stake. Why do they keep this unit open? Can I take my kids to one of these other wards to be around other youth?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Small branch vs large ward

Post by russellhltn »

richardhotchkiss wrote:We belong to a small branch of about 40-50 members every Sunday. My teenagers are the only active members.
40-50? I've heard of big families, that that's ridiculous. <grin>

I assume you mean your teens are the only active youth. That's a conversation you need to have with your stake president. There can be any number of reasons for the situation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

40-50 members? Here in Italy is a BIG Branch (not Ward).
I don't think that Gospel principles are best taught in a big class and I don't see any problem to participate to other Stake's activities.
So youth can learn the Gospel in a small (1 - 3 ) class and enjoy the Gospel with many (10-20).
So You don't need to move your certificate to other units.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Seriously talk to the Stake President, sometimes they just don't have it on minds to consider.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “General Discussions”