Home Teaching shown on the Ward Roster

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
FltWilliam-p40

Home Teaching shown on the Ward Roster

Post by FltWilliam-p40 »

When I was out on my mission from 99-01 and the church was still on the old MIS/FIS system there was a print option for ward lists that I loved. We would ask the clerk for a full roster with ages and priesthood. (This print option is available in the current MLS.) We would also ask for the home teaching to be included on the roster. I don't know what the clerk checked or clicked back then but whatever he did it caused the assigned home teachers to print to the right of the ages on the ward roster. This allowed us to quickly see who the home teachers were without having to have a whole separate HT list. (This function is not available in our current MLS.) Does anyone remember this and what are the possibilities of having it brought back? How would we get it brought back? I would love to have it as it prevented carrying so many different lists around and quick reference to who the HT's were. What does everyone think of this? :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

FltWilliam wrote:When I was out on my mission from 99-01 and the church was still on the old MIS/FIS system there was a print option for ward lists that I loved. We would ask the clerk for a full roster with ages and priesthood. (This print option is available in the current MLS.) We would also ask for the home teaching to be included on the roster. I don't know what the clerk checked or clicked back then but whatever he did it caused the assigned home teachers to print to the right of the ages on the ward roster. This allowed us to quickly see who the home teachers were without having to have a whole separate HT list. (This function is not available in our current MLS.) Does anyone remember this and what are the possibilities of having it brought back? How would we get it brought back? I would love to have it as it prevented carrying so many different lists around and quick reference to who the HT's were. What does everyone think of this? :)

This actually is available in MLS. The report you want is called "Household Report", available under Reports/Forms.
FltWilliam-p40

Post by FltWilliam-p40 »

Mmm that report is sort of similar but it is different than the one I'm thinking about. The old MIS one was exactly like a ward roster in todays MLS. The only difference was to the right of the age on todays ward roster it showed the home teaching companionship. It didn't give the percentages or all the other detailed info like baptism & confirmation dates, and record #'s. It just showed the HT companionship to the right of the age.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Alan_Brown wrote:This actually is available in MLS. The report you want is called "Household Report", available under Reports/Forms.
Other ways to get to that same location include:

A. From the MLS menu bar, navigate to Membership > Household Reports.

B. From the MLS menu bar, navigate to Lists > Reports > Household Reports.

After clicking Select All followed by Preview, this wanted to print 71 ultra detailed pages for my ward.

Some approximations to what was originally requested include:

1. From the MLS menu bar, navigate to Organizations > HT Organization > Household Report > Select All > Preview.

2. From the MLS menu bar, navigate to Organizations > HT Reporting > Enter HT Visits > set Show for Organization: to All > set Show for District: to All > set View by: to Household > Preview.

3. From the MLS menu bar, navigate to Organizations > High Priests > set Show: to Assigned Households > Preview. (Repeat for Elders Quorum.)

4. Create a custom report.

All of these options have shortcomings that the original MIS report did not.

Return to “General Discussions”