Transferring myldsmail emails to gmail (via POP?)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
santosm1994

Re: Transferring myldsmail emails to gmail (via POP?)

Post by santosm1994 »

to change my account
vanessamunoz

Post by vanessamunoz »

pls i have a lot of important message in my account in myldsmail pls help me
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please be aware that this is a user-to-user forum, not an official help/support request channel. Someone who might know of a solution might reply here if the problem is clearly described. If you need reliable, immediate help, you'll need to use the official help channels. I don't happen to know what those channels are for myldsmail, but perhaps someone else who follows this topic/thread does.
christiandavidmerz

Post by christiandavidmerz »

So I have been home about 10 days now. Am I supposed to wait for an email that will come to myldsmail.net account or what from POP? I have not received anything but need to know how to save all my emails! Thanks for the help!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

In the context of email, POP stands for Post Office Protocol. More information can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_Office_Protocol

POP is one of the protocols used by email client programs (aka Mail User Agent or MUA) to communicate with the server. More information can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_client

I don't happen to know whether you will receive any communication regarding moving your email messages, but I suspect other posts in this thread (27 posts in 3 pages) will likely shed some light on the subject.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It is my understanding that returned missionaries receive instructions on how to retrieve their email. I do not know the timing or method. But I also know that the Global Service Center knows how to do it.

I would suggest that if you do not receive anything within two weeks of your return, you ask your ward clerk to help you contact the GSC for the process.
markaddisonellsworth

Post by markaddisonellsworth »

Another question on this topic. I'm helping a son transfer his emails and am not that familiar with Gmail. We downloaded his email to his personal Gmail account without first moving all of his missionary account sent mail into his missionary inbox. Is it possible to have a do-over and delete what we downloaded to his Gmail account and do it again including the sent mail this time?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

(Please note that posting multiple times does not speed up the approval process for the post. Please be patient, as the moderators have day jobs and Saturday chores, too.)
azhie_lavador

Post by azhie_lavador »

Hi, I have been released from the mission almost three years now, and i would like to retrieve my mission photos but i cant log in to my lds mail anymore . Please help me.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

On page 2 of this same thread/topic, there is a post from June 22, 2017 with a link to another thread that has some answers. This is that other thread:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 87#p153380

From that thread, unless things have changed, it appears accounts are purged after 18 months.

Return to “General Discussions”