Trying to find a bishop name

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kbhuffaker

Trying to find a bishop name

Post by kbhuffaker »

I'm hoping that you can help me out. A member in my ward asked me to help her find the Bishop's name where her sister lives. She doesn't live in our Stake so I'm not sure how to find what ward she would be in. Her sister is not active and she wants to get with the Bishop so she can let him know that her sister is in his ward and she is hoping that he and the ward can fellowship her. How can I find the ward she would be in and the name of the Bishop for her ward?
Last edited by kbhuffaker on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Trying to find a bishop name

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi,
This is a public forum that anyone around the world can search and browse without logging in, so please edit, if you are able to, and remove this sister's personal information. If you're not able to, there should be an administrator who can remove it for you.

If you go to https://www.lds.org/maps/, you can type the sister's address and find the ward that she's assigned to, as well as the bishop's name and phone number.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

And, any member member can do this - it is not restricted to ward leadership or clerks so your ward member can address this on their own.

"Teach a man to fish..."
aewillia

Post by aewillia »

If you have the name of a branch in a foreign country is there a way to find the contact information for the branch president?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aewillia wrote:If you have the name of a branch in a foreign country is there a way to find the contact information for the branch president?
Ward bishoprics, ward clerks, stake presidencies and stake clerks have access to a directory that gives contact information.

Otherwise, you can try maps.lds.org and see what information that provides.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ch3ryllynnjudd

Post by ch3ryllynnjudd »

I will be moving to Lehi, Utah in approximately 3 weeks. I am trying to locate the bishop's name and address in the area of [address deleted] Lehi, Utah. Can you help?

Cheryl Judd
Last edited by lajackson on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Address deleted. This is a public forum.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

You should be able to find that using the Meetinghouse Locator tool:
https://www.lds.org/maps/meetinghouses
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Mellisapouha

Post by Mellisapouha »

i need help finding my Bishop phone number so i could get and appointment with him ASAP please help me
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mellisapouha wrote:i need help finding my Bishop phone number so i could get and appointment with him ASAP please help me
See the post just prior to yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jvarnedoe

Post by jvarnedoe »

I am traveling to PUERTO VALLARTA, Jalisco 48290
Mexico and would like to have a bishops phone number.

Return to “General Discussions”