Cleaning and Paper Supplies in Chapel

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Biggles

Re: Cleaning and Paper Supplies in Chapel

Post by Biggles »

rggoodie wrote:We have just been informed by our Facilities group, that they are no longer taking orders for supplies.

We need to go to the Staples site and order the approved supplies and they approve and pay for the order.

Has anyone downloaded the list in a format that we all can use If so - how may I get a copy of your list

Thank you
Richard in Ohio
rggoodie70@gmail.com
Isn’t the answer to who pays in this post?
rggoodie

Post by rggoodie »

If you order the "approved" supplies - Facilities approves and pays for the order.

I need to access Staples which has a list of approved items
Richard in Ohio
mbrant57769

Post by mbrant57769 »

Does anyone have the website for Staples and directions on how to purchase toilet paper and paper towels for our church buildings or are we supposed to ask our local FM group rep?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Last I knew, that was FM, but I think there was a change in the pipeline.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rggoodie

Post by rggoodie »

I have put together a spreadsheet from the items to be approved from FM
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Your FM group will create a Staples account for your ward building representative. When you order cleaning supplies using that account, it will not be charged to your ward budget.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

We used all the Envirox cleaning solution that was mounted on the wall in the cleaning closet. We have a new bottle, but I can't figure out how to swap bottles, so I asked the FM OA. He told me that we should no longer be using Envirox. Instead, we should be using the Brighton glass cleaner and general purpose cleaner available from our Staples account. Well, we have at least four spray bottles filled with the Envirox Red and Green solutions, as well as the Brighton glass cleaner and general purpose cleaner. So I guess our members are just confused, since nobody has told us that a change was made, at some time during the past year or two.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:He told me that we should no longer be using Envirox.
As opposed to simply using up what's left and switching to the new brand when ordering? Any reason why?

Perhaps known to cause cancer in the state of California?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

"Envirox is no longer the cleaning chemical of choice."

Since we do not have a key for the mixer/dispenser unit that the FM mounted to the wall, I can't replace the empty bottle with the full bottle anyway.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:"Envirox is no longer the cleaning chemical of choice."
Ask him how you should dispose of the full bottles of Envirox. Depending on local laws, it might be flush it down the drain, put it in the trash, or deliver it to a place that collects household hazardous chemicals (like paint thinner, gasoline, kerosene, etc.). (If you see him, it might be more fun to ask in person. ;) )

Return to “General Discussions”