July LDSTech broadcast

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
pani

July LDSTech broadcast

Post by pani »

Does anyone have a link so I can watch the July broadcast? If not can anyone tell me when it will be ready to view on the broadcast page?

Thanks.
drepouille

Re: July LDSTech broadcast

Post by drepouille »

It looks like it was posted to https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDSTech:July_Broadcast_2015

However, it was taken down almost immediately, according to the revision history of the Wiki.

Keep an eye on http://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDSTech_broadc ... t_calendar
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
pani

Post by pani »

That was probably me going to that URL as I hand typed it in thinking maybe it wasn't published yet but existed. I am keeping an eye on the broadcast page - just hoping it was already up but I'll just have to wait :)

Maybe an LDSTech worker will let us know when if they read this.
hyattg

Post by hyattg »

I too, am waiting to watch the July broadcast about LCR. How long does it usually take for a broadcast to be posted? I noticed that the newest broadcast available to watch is from April. I hope that's not an indication of the length of time between the original broadcast date and the date the broadcast is posted.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Usually it's pretty quick. The last time I saw a broadcast disappear it was because it "didn't go well". Let's just say there were too many questions that didn't have satisfactory answers. I haven't seen this broadcast, so I'm not sure why it's not posted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Did anyone watch it live, my family was on vacation, I usually see them live, but couldn't this month.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
showseason

Post by showseason »

I watched it live and was particularly interested in the home and visiting teaching part. When it is available, I want to direct our RS Pres and Adult Phd leaders to that part of the broadcast to help them.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Glad to see it's up now (streaming from the top of the main LDSTech broadcasts wiki page); I wasn't able to watch it live.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It was (is) a good broadcast. It answered almost all of the questions we have had here at the Forum in the past month. I wish I had been able to see it live.

It was frustrating that none of the live computer shots were in focus. I don't know if that has something to do with the way they capture the computer for the broadcast, but I could not read any except the largest of the menu items that were displayed, they were so blurry.

But the information was great.

Return to “General Discussions”