Line of Authority Email Form

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
afterwords

Line of Authority Email Form

Post by afterwords »

Hi,

There are several sites that mention the tool for requesting Priesthood Line of Authority. The instructions state to send a blank email to lineofauthority@ldschurch.org. I have tried emailing this address twice now, but have not received a reply with the form I should fill out. Has the procedure changed?

Thanks,
George
dwsmith2

Post by dwsmith2 »

George, welcome to the forum.

The subject line of the email should read "PLA" (without the quotations). You should receive an automated response within a day (but probably sooner).
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

I don't know what other sites may say, but here on the forum's wiki, if statesthis:
How to request a copy of a Priesthood Line of Authority

Methods of contacting

Contact Church headquarters in one of the following ways:
  • Email: lineofauthority@ldschurch.org with PLA in the subject line. In return you'll receive a form to fill out and return (this is an automated reply to any message that contains "PLA" in the subject line).
  • Phone: 800-453-3860 ext 23500 then choose option 6, then option 3. After the message and tone leave a voice mail message with your fax number or mailing address. The form will be mailed to you.
It worked for me when I tried it. Perhaps you should try to call next?
jjvander

Post by jjvander »

I have tried several times to email them with PLA in the subject line and I never got an email back. I am using the email listed above.

Do you need to give them the information in the original email or do they send a form?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Several in our ward have requested this, including me, and it worked for everyone I knew did it (though that was a few months ago).
I don't know if it matters, but in my case the e-mail was blank except for the subject line that read:

PLA
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jjvander wrote:I have tried several times to email them with PLA in the subject line and I never got an email back. I am using the email listed above.

The official Line of Authority page on LDS.org provides a phone number to call. If you're not having success with the email option, perhaps it is time to talk to a human about the problems you're have.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bemis2757

Re: Line of Authority Email Form

Post by bemis2757 »

Please send my priesthood line of authority.

Thank you.

Brent M. Sampson
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The instructions for retrieving your Line of Authority can be found here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bemis2757 wrote:Please send my priesthood line of authority.
This is a user-to-user help forum. No one here will be able to send it to you.

Start with the link in the post immediately after or before yours for information on how to obtain your priesthood line of authority. Earlier posts in this topic also have information that will be helpful to you.

Return to “General Discussions”