Address to send a letter to the Prophet

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Lillypotter0912

Re: Address to send a letter to the Prophet

Post by Lillypotter0912 »

What if you've already talked to the bishop and stake president? My husband is ex-military, so I get chain of command. Where do you go from the stake president?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Lillypotter0912 wrote:What if you've already talked to the bishop and stake president? My husband is ex-military, so I get chain of command. Where do you go from the stake president?
The military chain of command takes you next to the Area Seventy who chairs the coordinating council in which your stake president participates.

But personally, I would not go there until I had done everything the bishop and stake president had asked me to do, and then received guidance from the Spirit through prayer that something more still needed to be done. You can always go straight to the Lord. You don't have to wait for mere mortals to figure out things.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Lillypotter0912 wrote:What if you've already talked to the bishop and stake president? My husband is ex-military, so I get chain of command. Where do you go from the stake president?
There really just isn't anything here that's going to satisfy you frankly, if there is an issue AND the Bishop/Stake President just ins't responding, you'll need to gather people around you - multiple people, families, men and women - and have everyone backing your 'story'.

The Bishops and Stake Presidents have local authority, little is done from above that to move or change their positions, and frankly rarely is it that a Stake President will over-rule a Bishop... typically a member is sent back to the Bishop to work it out.

What you need now is multiple witnesses otherwise it's just he/she said stuff... tie goes to the leader in those cases :0
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know as anyone above the stake level will get involved unless there's a violation of law or Handbook. As long as it's within the leader's discretion, I highly doubt anything will be done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
awfords

Post by awfords »

The problem for me is that they the bishop or stake president are not willing to help me
Haileejaneevans

Post by Haileejaneevans »

How can I get counsel from a general authority?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Haileejaneevans wrote:How can I get counsel from a general authority?
"In most cases, correspondence from members to General Authorities will be referred back to their local leaders. Stake presidents who need clarification about doctrinal or other Church matters may write in behalf of their members to the First Presidency."

Handbook 2: 21.1.24
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Haileejaneevans wrote:How can I get counsel from a general authority?
Click on the link in the post right after yours by russellhltn. (Handbook 2 is available to anyone, member or not.) Read all of the short section, but especially the second paragraph. Then use that for your guide as you visit with your home or visiting teachers, your bishop, and others as needed.

And if you are really up to it, study and use the third paragraph and make an end run around all of them. I have personally done it, and I have seen others do it. I can promise you that it would be a remarkable experience for you.
Tink152

Post by Tink152 »

What if the problem is with the local leaders. How do we address that issue?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Tink152 wrote:What if the problem is with the local leaders. How do we address that issue?
If you don't feel like you have any ward or stake leaders to talk to, I would start with prayer. The Lord will help you to know what you can do. I have never been in a ward or stake where I felt like all of my leaders were unapproachable, though. If you can't talk to your elders quorum president, Relief Society president, bishop, or stake president, talk to one of their counselors. Ask your home or visiting teachers for help finding someone to talk to if needed. Our Savior has set up a lot of lines for help in His Church, and if you pray, He will open up the line you need.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”