Duty To God Medallions

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bberger

Duty To God Medallions

Post by bberger »

Hi,
We have been giving out the nice Duty To God Medallions. These look like a large coin as pictured on the Wikipedia page here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_God_Award
We cannot find where to obtain these medallions any more. Are they still to be given out? They do not show up in the LDS store or Deseret Books. Even a google search doesn't find a location to buy them. Anyone have an idea of where to get them?

Regards,

Brett Berger
Mem Clerk - CalOaks Ward
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Duty To God Medallions

Post by russellhltn »

bberger wrote:They do not show up in the LDS store or Deseret Books.
Forgive me if you've tried this, but did you log into the store? Otherwise it won't show you unit supplies. You might also ask the ward clerk to try it as well, just in case membership clerk doesn't have enough rights to it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
bberger wrote:They do not show up in the LDS store or Deseret Books.
Forgive me if you've tried this, but did you log into the store? Otherwise it won't show you unit supplies. You might also ask the ward clerk to try it as well, just in case membership clerk doesn't have enough rights to it.
As a ward clerk, all that's listed In LDS store, is mostly certificates and books, but no medals.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:As a ward clerk, all that's listed In LDS store, is mostly certificates and books, but no medals.
It may be worth a call to the store just to make sure. Sometimes things can have some seemly arcane rules on who can order - and sometimes those rules go astray.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bberger wrote:We cannot find where to obtain these medallions any more. Are they still to be given out? They do not show up in the LDS store or Deseret Books.
The medallion was discontinued when the requirements for the Duty to God Award were changed in 2010.

There are places online where you can still find them, but they are becoming rare, an are not a part of the current Duty to God program. This is why you will not find them at the LDS Store.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

Instead, if the youth who has completed the requirements for a Duty to God Certificate is also a scout, and has reached the rank of Star, he can be awarded the On My Honor Award. The On My Honor Award is a green and gold ribbon with a silver fleur-de-lis overlain with the Angel Moroni.
bkelly20

Post by bkelly20 »

I found this site that makes a slightly different replica of the original Duty to God medallion..
http://qualitysilverbullion.com/product ... rettyPhoto
Deadpool987

Post by Deadpool987 »

Ive got tons of them
dhafen

Post by dhafen »

@deadpool987, do you still have tons of them? My son just finished and had his interview with the bishop tonight. The ward here does not have the medallion or certificate.
jtuaitanu

Post by jtuaitanu »

@deadpool987 .. do you still have any of the YM Duty to God medallion??

Return to “General Discussions”