Telephone Area code

Beta testing of the Local Unit Directory Application
Markcederloff

Telephone Area code

Post by Markcederloff »

I have found that the members in the Stake do not have the area code entered in their listing. I am not sure if this is a Clerk not entering it correctly issue or the program not parsing and displaying the data. If not a Clerk error and an application issue, this really needs to be there. Many carriers require entering area code when dialing number to process the call.
Gary_Miller

Re: Telephone Area code

Post by Gary_Miller »

It not necessarily an error. Its just a matter of the clerks not putting the area code in MLS when they enter the phone number. There is no requirement for the area code number.
eblood66

Re: Telephone Area code

Post by eblood66 »

Markcederloff wrote:I have found that the members in the Stake do not have the area code entered in their listing. I am not sure if this is a Clerk not entering it correctly issue or the program not parsing and displaying the data. If not a Clerk error and an application issue, this really needs to be there. Many carriers require entering area code when dialing number to process the call.
Probably due to the differences in phone number formats internationally, there is no validation on the phone number format in MLS. If area codes are missing and are needed, they have to be entered by clerks or by the individuals themselves in the Directory application on lds.org.

Return to “Beta Directory”