Manuals for 2015

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
ldwariner

Re: Manuals for 2015

Post by ldwariner »

Last year we weren't able to schedule the lessons until the middle of November so they should be available soon.
jaronharding

2015?

Post by jaronharding »

I am not able to add the manuals and populate the lessons for 2015. Is this going to be available?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: 2015?

Post by aebrown »

jaronharding wrote:I am not able to add the manuals and populate the lessons for 2015. Is this going to be available?
I merged your post into the existing discussion.

The 2015 lessons will certainly be available at some point. Rarely are we told in advance when the new year's lessons will be available. My best advice to you is to subscribe to this topic so that you will be notified of future posts to this topic. Chances are that one of the earliest ways any of us will know that the 2015 lessons are available is when someone notices that and posts an announcement here.
rachbloo

Post by rachbloo »

When the 2015 template does become available, does anyone know exactly where will it be located on the Lesson Schedule page? I have clicked through the calendar until it says Jan 2015 on that page and there is no option available. Will it appear there or somewhere else?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rachbloo wrote:When the 2015 template does become available, does anyone know exactly where will it be located on the Lesson Schedule page?
Classes for succeeding years do not currently roll from the previous year. For each new year all classes must be created from scratch. To create classes for 2015 follow these steps:
1. Click the Administration menu item on the menu bar.
2. Select the year 2015 in the year selection dropdown in the middle column.
3. Click "+ Add Class" in the left column.

It is in the Add Class page where the "Manual and Lesson Material" list box is found. The available material will be listed for the priesthood quorum or auxiliary class selected in the "Priesthood or Auxiliary" list box.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rachbloo

Post by rachbloo »

I realize the lessons don't roll over, but last year a generic template was made available, with the current lesson manual, and slots for filling in the other lessons, that we could then customize. I'm wondering how we will know when that is available on the site?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rachbloo wrote:I realize the lessons don't roll over, but last year a generic template was made available, with the current lesson manual, and slots for filling in the other lessons, that we could then customize. I'm wondering how we will know when that is available on the site?
That's the main point of this discussion -- the availability of the actual 2015 manuals. Once those manuals are available, then you can select the appropriate manual for a class, and the Lesson Schedules software will fill in lessons appropriately for the class (there are different rules for Relief Society than for Gospel Doctrine, for example, as to what is taught on particular Sundays).

As has been mentioned multiple times in this topic, we don't know any specific date. Subscribe to this topic for status updates when they are available.
rachbloo

Post by rachbloo »

I'm wasn't looking for a date for the lesson material release, I understand that we're all waiting on that. I was just trying to find the correct, generic template on lds.org because it didn't appear when I tried to create a schedule skeleton. However, for anyone else that is confused about that, I did go through the "create" process, even though it didn't look like the right format, and the next time I logged in, the formatting looked like what I am used to, so I can now fill in the 1st week lessons and the TFOT lessons and only have to wait for the 2nd and 3rd weeks.
SShhaarrpp753

Post by SShhaarrpp753 »

It will be Dec 1st in 15 min--and the 2015 lesson manuals aren't on the 'add a class' page. Want to get paperwork ready for the new year before the holidays :confused:
rpyne

Manual and Lesson Material

Post by rpyne »

I am trying to get started entering the classes and lesson schedules for 2015 and find that the Manual and Lesson Material drop-down list is empty when I try to add a class.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Does anyone know when it might be corrected?

It seems that since we were instructed to order manuals months ago, they should be available to assign to a class.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”