Adding 'by Invitation' Instructors

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
matlock

Adding 'by Invitation' Instructors

Post by matlock »

How do you, or could you add 'by Invitation' Instructors to the instructors drop down for assigning lessons? Seems that it would be an appropriate field so as to encourage the brethren to come forth by 'invitation' or to even 'volunteer' to take the class lesson either for a determined week or to even be placed in a position to receive the call to teach the lessons ongoing.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Adding 'by Invitation' Instructors

Post by jdlessley »

matlock wrote:How do you, or could you add 'by Invitation' Instructors to the instructors drop down for assigning lessons?
This is not possible currently. The only instructor names available are members of the unit. Even out of unit leader names are not available. No other text can be entered.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
walterclark

Re: Adding 'by Invitation' Instructors

Post by walterclark »

I am a High Priest Group Leader and would like to be able to put Elder's Quorum as the instructor for some of the 4th Sunday lessons as we have a joint meeting with the Elder's Quorum on the 4th Sunday of the month. As it is not my responsibility to choose this person or under my control who teaches it I do not need to put in a name for the instructor of this lesson.
I would like to have the ability to add EQ or some other abbreviation. I recognize the potential for abuse if anything or any name is allowed in this field. Could we have the ability for any 2 letters? I would think allowing only 2 letters should be safe.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”