Lesson Schedule in Calendar

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jarentolman

Lesson Schedule in Calendar

Post by jarentolman »

I would love to see the ability to show the lesson schedule in your calendar. With an ical link, all of the years lessons, as well as who is teaching would show up on my iphone calendar. Possible?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator Note

Post by jdlessley »

jarentolman wrote:I would love to see the ability to show the lesson schedule in your calendar. With an ical link, all of the years lessons, as well as who is teaching would show up on my iphone calendar. Possible?
{Moderator note: This thread has been split from the "Lesson Schedule added to LDS Tools" thread because the topics are different. Please follow the Code of Conduct and post only one topic per thread.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
whatgoesaround

Editing Lesson topic in the calendar

Post by whatgoesaround »

I am a Sunday School President. The help screen says that only Bishoprics, clerk and Executive Secretaries can add "Events". I want to put in the specific lesson for a given Sunday. The lesson schedule was auto-populated and for example every Sunday in January says "The Godhead". In order for families to help their youth study these lessons at home as well as for substitute teachers to prepare, it would be nice if the SS President could change the lesson to show the specific lesson i.e. "How doe the Holy Ghost help me learn?" If the Bishopric has to do all of this, it is going to be very time consuming for them; and frankly unnecessary if the organization president can and will do it.
mevans

Re: Editing Lesson topic in the calendar

Post by mevans »

whatgoesaround wrote:I am a Sunday School President. The help screen says that only Bishoprics, clerk and Executive Secretaries can add "Events".
Are you getting the Calendar tool confused the Lesson Schedules tool? As Sunday School president, you have permissions to edit Lesson Schedules.

If you want to put lesson schedules on the Calendar, then please post a question in the Calendar forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Editing Lesson topic in the calendar

Post by jdlessley »

whatgoesaround wrote:I am a Sunday School President. The help screen says that only Bishoprics, clerk and Executive Secretaries can add "Events".
I think you are confusing Lesson Schedules events with Calendar events. It is true only administrators can add events to Lesson Schedules. Calendar editors can edit events on calendars. The opening post (OP) is discussing providing some embedded or linked capability for Lesson Schedules in the Calendar to enhance functional capabilities of his mobile device.
whatgoesaround wrote:I want to put in the specific lesson for a given Sunday.
Further discussion of this topic is best done in the appropriate forum as mevans suggests.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
failproof

Re: Lesson Schedule in Calendar

Post by failproof »

I read the post from whatgoesaround differently... He is in the right forum but should have started a new thread. He is right, he can't add events to lesson schedules but he can update the lessons and add further detail to the youth Sunday school lessons by selecting the desired outline for each week.
royalismyrace

Post by royalismyrace »

Hi, if we now has stated that this is the right forum. Whats the answer.

I think its not a very useful tool until you can link it to the ward calendar.
And you should be able to post a link to talks or a video etc.

But as for now the tool is more a tool for the techers since most can probarbly chech the calendar rathre than Lessen Scedule. So when I have set up Gospel Doctrines class no one will probarbly ever check it.

One suggestion could be to build the Lesson schedule in as a part of caledar funktion, such as the building scheduler is.

regards
John Hedberg
Helsingborg, Sweden
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I think its a very useful tool as it is I wish my ward was using it. I would like to know what the lesson is today but can't because I have nowhere to look.

While I think it would cloud up the calendar to have lesson schedules on the calendar. It would be nice to have lesson schedules as part of LDS Tools as that is the one place where I can view things when not on line.
Tgvphoto

Post by Tgvphoto »

agreed . . . lesson schedules online only are very ineffective . . . better as part of calendar or ldstools. Having to navigate through a website to find specific things is inconvenient and a deterant from making use of info. whereas having this info readily available with everyday usage apps i.e. calendar, makes alot more sense and is infinitely more convenient.

Im the Sunday School President and I find it a schlep to go to the lesson schedules . . . no wonder most class members couldnt be bothered finding out what the reading is for each lesson.

It would be great if it worked with the calendar and linked directly to the gospel library app when the lesson material is selected.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Tgvphoto wrote:agreed . . . lesson schedules online only are very ineffective . . . better as part of calendar or ldstools. Having to navigate through a website to find specific things is inconvenient and a deterant from making use of info. whereas having this info readily available with everyday usage apps i.e. calendar, makes alot more sense and is infinitely more convenient.
There is not much navigating through a website to find "Lesson schedules" it right on the main log in drop down list, just three choice below the calendar.
Tgvphoto wrote: the Sunday School President and I find it a schlep to go to the lesson schedules . . . no wonder most class members couldnt be bothered finding out what the reading is for each lesson.
If they really wanted to know they would find its quite easy to get to. I think the biggest problem is lack of the general membership even knowing its available.
Tgvphoto wrote:It would be great if it worked with the calendar and linked directly to the gospel library app when the lesson material is selected.
After giving this much though, I still think it would put to much garbage on the calendar.

But would be an excellent addition to the LDS Tools app, even better if it could link to the Gospel Library app.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”