LDS Tools not accepting my user name & password

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for all versions of Windows Phone.
alocking

Re: LDS Tools not accepting my user name & password

Post by alocking »

I continue to experience the same problem fro the past year. I have yet to receive an update, and since my initial encounter with this problem, I have a new phone. Same problem persists for the new phone as well. I use to talk up and praise this app to everyone in our Stake and how embarrassing it was to have them download the app and have it not work for them either. It is quite the useful app with access to the directory on your phone. I've gotten lost Visiting Teaching once and was able to find my sister on the app and get her address/phone number. Is there actually someone looking into this to fix it? Or am I just wasting my time, waiting around for nothing?
Thanks!
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

Did you trying logging into LDS.org on a computer and adjust the calendar? That should fix it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jkentner wrote:Did you trying logging into LDS.org on a computer and adjust the calendar? That should fix it.
Specifically, setting your calendar subscriptions. That may be required to initialize the calendar configuration that's sent as part of the LDS Tools sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
annamommy6

Post by annamommy6 »

I have the same problem. Lds tools worked on my Lumia 920 at first, then it began kicking me off at random and then it wouldn't accept my username and password at all. So I began using my husband's info and it worked fine, but since my husband recently passed away, I suppose his records/membership status have been changed, as now his info doesn't work to let me into lds tools either. Please help!
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

Just go to LDS.org, at the top right hand corner of the screen click on "Sign in/Tools", then click on Calendar. Then login with your LDS account. On the left hand side under "Subscribed Calendars" check and uncheck some of the items to adjust it. Once you have done that, go back to your phone and see if it will let you login to LDS Tools. Let us know how that works.
nyates78

Post by nyates78 »

So I know this is an old post but worth a try. I can log into lds.org just fine and on here. But I cannot log into lds tools. I deleted it and reinstalled it still no good. It was working but it wanted to sync but I forgot the password so I changed it. Please help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nyates78 wrote:I forgot the password so I changed it.
I've seen significant time lags between systems when the password is changed.

Does the ID/Password have odd characters in it? Like punctuation? It might cause problems in some systems and not others.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

You can try the calendar trick if your read in entries. Basically login to lds.org on a computer and adjust the calendars subscribed to then try again. Sometimes certain characters in passwords don't work. Either way, I have the beta of the new version of LDS Tools on my phone now. It will be released soon I would say. Not sure if I should share this, but probably the more testers, the merrier - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store ... ba99d2df23
aboveandbeyond1111111

Post by aboveandbeyond1111111 »

I cant get into my acct....it keeps saying I have an existing acct
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aboveandbeyond1111111 wrote:I cant get into my acct....it keeps saying I have an existing acct
It sounds like you're trying to create a new one.

Return to “Windows Phone LDS Tools”