New Mormon Channel iPhone/iPod App Available

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

silene wrote:I have updated to the version 1.5 of Mormon Channel app on my iPhone 3GS. It will be crashed every time when I open it.
Does anyone meet this situation as like as me? When I used the previous version, it had few times to meet this bothered thing on main memu (radio) but not every time. It really bothers me as I like this app very much.

This app contains what I need and love channels: General Conferences, Church magazines,and Scriptures.

If someone knows how to figure it out and share to me, I will appreciate very much.
Try removing the Mormon Channel app, power cycling the iPhone and then reinstall it. This happened to me several months ago and a remove & reinstall fixed it.
silene-p40

Post by silene-p40 »

I did try as following macsense comments. Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I wonder which version macsense uses. The previous version is okay to me but the current version.

I am interested by a phenomenon. If I open this app during daylight, it works fine. If it will be run in the evening, it likes to crash (seems to remind me the time you should sleep). Just similar right now, I cannot run this app well. So sad.:(

I am not sure whether or not the cause is from the downloading schedule fail on the main menu.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, Macsense.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I also experienced some unexplained crashing on every startup. Various combinations of rebooting the iPhone and removing/reinstalling the app all failed to fix the problem. However, by chance I ran a different app (Star Walk) that I don't think even needs to access the Internet. Uncharacteristically, it chugged and sputtered and finally caused my iPhone to hang. I forced the iPhone to powercycle, after which that app recovered and worked properly. Since that was such an atypical thing to happen for that app, I decided to try the Mormon Channel app again, and it has worked properly ever since.

I speculate that that when the Star Walk up tried to clean itself up after its crash, it also somehow cleaned up or reset whatever was causing the Mormon Channel app to crash on every startup. But this is only a guess, and I'd hate to have someone go spend $5 on an astronomy app in an attempt to fix a free radio app.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

silene wrote:I am interested by a phenomenon. If I open this app during daylight, it works fine. If it will be run in the evening, it likes to crash (seems to remind me the time you should sleep). Just similar right now, I cannot run this app well. So sad.:(
I've noticed that the app (version 1.5) performs rather well now on my 30-minute commute to work, but struggles on the 30-minute commute home from work.

My guess is that it either has something to do with problems of hopping from one cell tower to the next or a difference in the cell traffic for that particular time of day, or some combination of those two things.
allenjblodgett

Post by allenjblodgett »

Does this application work for the iPad?
silene-p40

Post by silene-p40 »

jbh001 wrote:I've noticed that the app (version 1.5) performs rather well now on my 30-minute commute to work, but struggles on the 30-minute commute home from work.

My guess is that it either has something to do with problems of hopping from one cell tower to the next or a difference in the cell traffic for that particular time of day, or some combination of those two things.
That is true!
It is always crashed when I move different cell tower (I use 3G cellular network support to get on internet).
It should be a bug, isn't it?
silene-p40

Post by silene-p40 »

allen.blodgett wrote:Does this application work for the iPad?
I guess you asked iPod touch, didn't you?
My friend uses iPod touch and installed previous version on it.
It works on his iPod touch.
You may try it.

Good luck.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

allen.blodgett wrote:Does this application work for the iPad?
Considering that it isn't shipping yet, I don't think anyone knows for sure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

They aired the live presentation of the iPad's launch on CNBC and during that they said that the iPad would take all present iPhone apps 'unmodified' which means you should be able to use them without any real issues.

But as noted, it has not quite shipped yet, so what was said may be not quite what happens in reality, things have a way of coming up when least expected, especially when unveiling a totally new concept like the iPad.
jvoracek

Post by jvoracek »

Tom was kind enough to inform me of an update to the iPhone Mormon Channel (1.5.1), which now includes an optional "unlimited" streaming for allowing the next audio stream to play after one has finished. I'm just dropping by this thread to inform you all if you haven't done so already. Enjoy!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =319828221
Jace Voracek
Jace@Jace-Place.com

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”