LDS Tools issues continue

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

**sigh** 1.0.7 downloaded - after a delete and reboot, and still getting exactly the same problem as on 1.0.6… going to have to go back to paper and pen I fear :(
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

dannykos wrote:**sigh** 1.0.7 downloaded - after a delete and reboot, and still getting exactly the same problem as on 1.0.6… going to have to go back to paper and pen I fear :(

1.0.8 is supposed to be available now.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

WOOHOO!! 1.0.8 sorts it :) thanks to the team.
thatvickigirl

I'm new to the forum, but I think I may have something helpful to contribute here

Post by thatvickigirl »

My husband I were recently were made our ward website administrators and some strange things have come to our attention. For instance, mine and my husband's pictures, which were upload via desktop computer show always show up on the ward directory and some notebooks, but not others. So there is a strange quirk in there for iProducts somewhere. Additionally, images uploaded via notebooks are not showing up anywhere, but on the notebook they were uploaded on - as has been previously observed.

Many of my ward members have indicated that they have uploaded their images, but the only images which are visible to everyone on the website from a desktop computer are both mine and my husband's.

One of my friends recently uploaded his family pictures from a desktop computer and he can see them from his profile, but I cannot see them from mine.

I believe this problem is an overall permissions problem and not just limited to iPad/iPhone/iTouch. I think it must have happened with an update sometime after me and my husband uploaded out images, but that was so long ago that does not help narrow the window for when the permissions problem happened.

Victoria Runyon
Snowflake, AZ
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Photos must be approved by ward clerk before they are visible to the rest of the ward
thatvickigirl

Post by thatvickigirl »

My husband I were recently were made our ward website administrators and some strange things have come to our attention. For instance, mine and my husband's pictures, which were upload via desktop computer show always show up on the ward directory and some notebooks, but not others. So there is a strange quirk in there for iProducts somewhere. Additionally, images uploaded via notebooks are not showing up anywhere, but on the notebook they were uploaded on - as has been previously observed.

Many of my ward members have indicated that they have uploaded their images, but the only images which are visible to everyone on the website from a desktop computer are both mine and my husband's.

One of my friends recently uploaded his family pictures from a desktop computer and he can see them from his profile, but I cannot see them from mine.

I believe this problem is an overall permissions problem and not just limited to iPad/iPhone/iTouch. I think it must have happened with an update sometime after me and my husband uploaded out images, but that was so long ago that does not help narrow the window for when the permissions problem happened.

Victoria Runyon
Snowflake, AZ
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

KenRichins wrote:Photos must be approved by ward clerk before they are visible to the rest of the ward
Not only can ward clerks but the other ward administrators can approve photos. The ward website administrator is a directory administrator that can approve photos. There are two reasons a ward website administrator does not have administrator rights. The first is they have not been entered into MLS with the standard position of "Website Administrator" and not a custom positions such as "Ward Website Administrator". The second is the time delay from the when the position is entered in MLS and transmitted. It can take a day or two for the permissions to take effect.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
thatvickigirl

Post by thatvickigirl »

Thank you for the help. I will talk to Bishop and get our permissions altered. He assigned us the task of getting all of our ward pictures uploaded on our ward website. This will help tremendously! Thanks again!

Victoria Runyon
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

thatvickigirl wrote:Thank you for the help. I will talk to Bishop and get our permissions altered. He assigned us the task of getting all of our ward pictures uploaded on our ward website. This will help tremendously! Thanks again!

Victoria Runyon
Just have the ward clerk put you in the standard website administrator position instead of the custom one that you are currently in.
BOMAR

Bob

Post by BOMAR »

I'm using the May 2012 version of LDS Tools on my iphone.

When I open the application to seek information from the Stake organization and then close the application after finding the information I was seeking. I am never able to open the application again. I must delete the application and reload it to my iphone again from itunes.

However, if I am seeking information from a Ward organiztion and then close the application all is well and I can reopen the application again.

In addition, I fined that if I select to call a telephone # listed in LDS Tools data that once my iphone transfers out to make the call, the LDS Tools app closes and I am again unable to reopen it. I must delete it from the iphone and reload it again.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”