LDS.org down for maintenance when trying to sync

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
cole.moffat

Re: LDS.org down for maintenance when trying to sync

Post by cole.moffat »

I've also had this same error message all day today. I'm in Chicago IL, with a Google pixel 2XL, running lds tools app version 3.5.4 (100020.1).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I did a sync just now and it went though. Version 3.5.4, Android.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cole.moffat

Post by cole.moffat »

russellhltn wrote:I did a sync just now and it went though. Version 3.5.4, Android.
Mine is also syncing now.
valleygirl89

Post by valleygirl89 »

I'm having the same issue. I've been getting the message that LDS tools is down for maintenance since last week. Android version 3.5.4
heapgt

Post by heapgt »

I'm getting error "Lds.org down for maintenance . Please try again later" I've uninstalled the app and tried again. Others seem to be able to update. Any special instructions on how to fix this? ver 3.5.3 (6417). Iphone X 12.2
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

heapgt wrote:I'm getting error "Lds.org down for maintenance . Please try again later" I've uninstalled the app and tried again. Others seem to be able to update. Any special instructions on how to fix this? ver 3.5.3 (6417). Iphone X 12.2
This is not a user device issue. It is a connection to the server issue and is beyond your control and may be due to either heavy server load, servers going down, or server maintenance in progress. Just as the message states, try again later. If you get the message on Sunday, then try on a weekday when the activity is lower for the servers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bigmac182

Post by bigmac182 »

It seems that every Sunday this is down. That doesn’t seem normal. One would think the Church’s servers would handle traffic.
toonetown

Post by toonetown »

bigmac182 wrote:It seems that every Sunday this is down. That doesn’t seem normal. One would think the Church’s servers would handle traffic.
Agreed. I can’t remember the last time i could sync on a Sunday (which is kind of a pain...given that Sunday’s are when presidency meetings are...and we would like to sync)

Maybe the servers are just trying to keep the sabbath holy...
toonetown

Post by toonetown »

Saturday is a special day, it’s the day we get ready for Sunday.
We clean our house and we sync our phones,
‘cause the servers won’t work until Monday!
nwtaylor

Post by nwtaylor »

Same error as everyone else...all day...both devices... and cannot exit the Sync screen. If the possibility exists that the server is down for maintenance then at least allow us the option to see and use the standard UI and not be stuck at the Sync view. Also, the error that ChurchOfJesusChrist.org is down for maintenance is misleading as I can clearly load and see that url.

Thanks
Neil Taylor

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”