LDS Tools App Cannot Be Reinstalled From App Store

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
krwelton

LDS Tools App Cannot Be Reinstalled From App Store

Post by krwelton »

Hello,

The LDS Tools recently stopped working on my wife's iPhone 6 which is running iOS 10.3.3. We reset her password and logged in but all of the data within the app was blank after attempting several sync's. Finally we uninstalled the app and rebooted the iPhone. Now when we attempt to reinstall the app from the App Store on the phone it acts like it is downloading, but then just fails. We have shut it down and turned it back on, no joy. Been working on this off and on since Sunday, Sep. 24th. Tonight I finally connected it to our PC to sync with iTunes in hopes that I could reinstall it that way. Guess what, you can't install apps any longer from iTunes on a PC and now you must install it from the App Store on the phone. The LDS Tools app has been pretty solid for us over the years, but now all of the sudden it is unusable and unattainable. Ideas???
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools App Cannot Be Reinstalled From App Store

Post by sbradshaw »

There may be multiple problems here, but the fact that it doesn't finish downloading when trying to install it from the App Store points towards an Apple/iOS/App Store problem. I'd recommend deleting the app, then updating the phone to iOS 11, to make sure you have the newest version of the App Store, etc., then trying to reinstall it again.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
krwelton

Re: LDS Tools App Cannot Be Reinstalled From App Store

Post by krwelton »

Thanks for the post but I am somewhat leary about updating to iOS 11 when others are having issues with the app after upgrading but we might give that a try this weekend.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”