LDS Tools data download problem

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mhicken

Re: LDS Tools data download problem

Post by mhicken »

Seems like it's been really slow to get this info out there for people and it's not an obvious fix but it does work! Here's what I did to get it working...
http://www.hickendesign.com/site/2017/0 ... p-no-data/
dawgbone

Post by dawgbone »

I am having the same problem and have tried all suggestions in these posts. I spent three and a half years in a foreign speaking branch in our stake just loving the app as I was able to access data quickly. When I was released as the clerk and had my records transferred back to my home ward the app will not load data. It stops 3/4 in the download. I also get a red and white exclamation flag on the temple menu option. No data anywhere. So sad. This app would be helpful in my new calling.

Any suggestions? Thank you.
rnmecham

Post by rnmecham »

Same issue as SharlaCarbine. I don't see it on my iTunes.
gbrooksby

Post by gbrooksby »

The solution I mentioned will have to change after one upgrades to iTunes v12.7. Apple has decided they will no longer sync apps via iTunes. They can only be synced via iTunes on an iPhone or iPad. Until the developers identify a fix and implement it, some users will just be out of luck.
rnmecham

Post by rnmecham »

Thank you for clarifying the issue. I hope the developers will fix this soon as I and others rely upon this app frequently. I will anxiously await an update.
riclewis

Post by riclewis »

Have there been any updates here? I've been in a "failed to download" state for a few months on my iOS devices now. Uninstall/reinstall doesn't work, and Apple doesn't appear to allow deleting from iTunes account anymore.
kirtmoser

Post by kirtmoser »

I'm having the same problem. I sync over wireless on an iPhone 6s running ios 14.0.1. Already deleted and reinstalled app from the app store. That didn't help - I log in using my LDS credentials, but it still generates a Failure message when it tries to download data.
williamhenryosborne

Post by williamhenryosborne »

Having the same problem...seems to be an ongoing issue for a number of years now with no one at the Church seeming to know what is causing this. I have what is now (2/2023) an old iphone8. I've recently been trying to sync but it just goes on forever. I deleted the app and downloaded 'Tools' from the appstore. (I have never downloaded anything church related from iTunes so don't know why that would be involved in a fix for some.) I start the app and all I get is blank screen with a search window at the top...no other icons showing and have done this several times including rebooting the phone. No change. The iOS on the phone is 16.3 with total capacity of 64GB and 3.79GB available. Don't know whether this is an app issue or a phone issue. Anybody have anything new??

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”